View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #90
Psykhe
Connoisseur
Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4, KindlePW
Keep in mind, though, that these discolored screens only really look that way without any ambient light and low PW light levels.

If you do not read in "person next to me will wake up if there is any light" scenarios but with some ambient light (which can still be low enough to make reading on the Kindle uncomfortable if it had no light) discolorations do not really exist.

On my Kindle PW it has a green shadow in the upper center at light level 5-10 and no ambient light. With my bed lamp on (but still not close to the Kindle - meaning I couldn't read well with a non-lit Kindle) and the PW on 18 however the screen is perfectly white.

The only thing which is still there are the shadows on the lower end of it, but the effect of these is so miniscule that I find people who complain about them considerably more irritating than the lights themselves.

Last edited by Psykhe; 10-18-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Psykhe is offline   Reply With Quote