View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #10
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
On the other hand, I'm very intrigued by his reaction and viewpoint. I went from loving Google at its inception, to viewing them as thugs and thieves, the largest organized attack on intellectual property rights and copyright in history...

So when someone has such a polarized viewpoint, I want to understand the reasons. I might just agree if I were better educated on the issue.

I suspect he fears that Amazon's power will be used (and is being used) to force publishers to only publish what the hoi polloi want to read, meaning good literature will be drowned out. There are also pricing fears, which we already see in Sony vs. Amazon e-book pricing. If Amazon sets the price, then where does that leave other retailers?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote