View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #50
Laridae
Groupie
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Considering the number of functions the connector supplies (or supposed to supply), ie USB, charging, audio, video, etc, and is reversible, I would have been very supprised NOT to see some sort of chip in there.
What's wrong with good old-fashioned USB plus HDMI for the A/V outputs? My trusty PlayBook has all that and as far as I know they aren't planning to change it anytime soon. IMHO connectors should be open, not proprietary.

Considering all the Apple iWhatever adapters currently hard-wired into cars, stereos, etc around the world, I consider Apple's latest move to be a pure money grab and a betrayal of their (rabidly) loyal customer base. Will they get away with it? Probably! I'm sure they've looked at the cost-benefit and concluded that they will probably retain 99% of their loyal fans, say, and went ahead with it.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote