Thread: Outlines?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #47
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I outline novels. I don't outline (most) short stories.

My outlines emerge out of pages and pages of notes where I brainstorm story ideas and character ideas and situations and anything else that comes to mind. The whole process usually takes 1-2 weeks. The final result doesn't look anything like what an English teacher would call an outline. It's more a series of chapter summaries, describing what happens.

I never completed a novel project I didn't fully outline. I think it's because Middles are my Kryptonite.

I've never written a novel to The End without also adapting/evolving the outline as I went along. No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy.

I figure everyone will eventually find their own way to write. Or not. ;-)

-David
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote