View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #57
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Ouch. I always need all of my toc entries pointing directly to an html file rather than an anchor. It probably won't cause any issues with epubs specifically (and I know that's what Sigil is designed for at the end of the day), but it has the potential to cause problems for ePubs that are destined to be converted to mobi. There's always been a potential rendering issue when linking to anchors that are inside of (or part of, in the case of ids used as anchors) formatted elements.

I know it's probably not the sort if issue you were looking for, but if left as is, I'll need to remember to go through and remove each url fragment from all the toc entries in my epubs. Something I didn't have to worry about before.
I've rolled the behaviour back to use just the filename instead of the id if the heading is at the top of the file. It clearly does cause issues with conversion to HTML, and may cause issues with mobi conversions. I'd rather not 'break' anything, or suddenly require manual editing for common tasks at this point.

A checkbox to switch behaviours is possible, but not for this release.

Sigil should have no issue jumping you to the right place when using the TOC window as any positioning issues should be sorted.