View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #186
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I was looking at this just the other day. but the other way round. Voice control for the devices. not impossible.

and yup. the idea is that a properly doctored SDL should support ALL of the devices (maybe the DX will run like crap) thus giving us a much better port base.

currently we have: oh yeah, an ancient QT kludge - now a full version behind, Direct to FB code, GTK on the devices that support it, overally it's a bit of a full-on DIY mish-mash. I probably missed half a dozen partially supported projects / widgetsets / implementations.

to just have "something" to throw ports at would be nice. SDL seems a decent bet as the runtime ENVVAR stuff makes it very flexible for our purposes, nice to just have to chuck a few ENV's around and have the next configuration all setup.

Anyways, it's a time sink but meh. I have TSLIB working now, I have SDL building lovely, working on mastering the awesome/awful layers, just a wee bit more graphics code and a spot of Onscreen UI overlay work (maybe) and then we can think about such niceties as the spoken word.

Gorf would be a nice port for that "Insert Coin", those words still bring a chill down my spine (Did that machine just speak?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorf
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote