View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #28
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ines View Post
I am stuck at the point where I downloaded the restore set for firmware 1.0.04.12210, unzipped it, ran flash_reader.bat. The reader rebooted and is hanging in "Opening book" forever. When connected cannot be identified on the computer. SD rescue from porkupan doesn't help. Any idea how I can proceed? Thanks.
Had the exact same problem when rooting my reader yesterday after repartitioning, then I realized I had the "OS Firmware" directory containing the recovery mode software on the microSD card root and the reader's LED was blinking orange Removed the microSD card and rebooted from a PuTTY console, logged as root, reboot command on command line with gserial.inf serial gadget installed, so I really was in rescue mode (I think a forced shutdown is OK). Then re-executed flash_reader.bat and everything was OK this time.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote