View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #85
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
If you have no military experience, I doubt you will be successful in writing military SF.
Heck, David Weber? Lois McMaster Bujold? I'm pretty sure they had no military experience.

Add to it the observation that I served with people who could not put two coherent written sentences in row, and I think military fiction is just as well if not better written by a good writer who does research than by virtue of personal experience with the non-fictional military.

What exactly is informing this opinion of yours?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote