View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #76
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Sony T1 and T2 still has better implemented mature features, pinch zoom, pdf reflow, web browser..... As sold they are among the best e-readers available today.
I was watching a video review of the Kindle Paperwhite recently, and they were showing pinch to zoom and touch for definitions/wikipedia lookup, etc. and my thought was along the lines of "Hey, they're catching up to the features that Sony has." I haven't really played much with the Kindle, but my first eink was the Sony PRS-600 touch model, so I'm stuck on touchscreens.

I do think it's a shame that Sony introduced the T2 as an incremental upgrade JUST before almost everyone else released higher resolution, front lighted screens. If they'd included at least a front light, it would have been more significant. Perhaps the next model will be leaps and bounds beyond what others have on the market now. I'll probably be ready for an upgrade by then.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote