View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
RobertJSawyer
Addict
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Aura, Glo, Touch, Mini; Kindle 3, Nook 1st ed.
Problem with Kobo Nickel font

In its advertising for the Kobo Glo, Kobo touts its new font, specially tweaked for onscreen reading: Kobo Nickel. This is actually a modified version of the Rockwell font that was on the Kobo Touch. But one of the modifications has ruined the font for me (Rockwell was my preferred font for reading on the Touch). Rockwell has commas and periods that are distinctly different. Kobo Nickel has modified the comma to have a much less pronounced tail, and so at normal reading sizes, for my eyes, it's very hard to tell the difference between a comma and a period. Since the goal of tweaking this font was to make it BETTER, not WORSE, for reading on screens, can we please get this fixed in the next update? Thanks!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote