Here's another patch/tweak for Touch/PW users
* Add more extensions to the exclude list (some 3.4 & 5.x stuff), and don't even look in the sidecar folder on the Touch/PW.
* Auto-detect the US PW on Linux/OS X.
* Add a new Touch/PW only setting that will only populate the json db with collections that have been updated (created/modified [added/removed items]). Since Collections Manager never deletes a collection, and always rebuilds modified collections from scratch, that can save us a considerable amount of time by simply not feeding CM stuff that it would only waste time rebuilding with the exact same content. It tremendously speeds up the Calibre => Kindle sync for incremental updates
* Added an ugly Windows only hack that hopefully allows the auto-detection of the Touch/PW via S/N to work on Windows, without blowing everything up... Seems to work on my Win 7 notebook, but I'd be glad to know if it works for others. (Also, I wouldn't mind a confirmation that the code isn't completely insane, I couldn't find an easier way to get at the pnp_id of a specific device...).
* Fixed a stupid auto-detect issue on Windows for some devices.
* Moved the whole kindle model/auto-detect stuff to the settings, so we don't redo the whole thing everytime. We're already storing settings per-library and per-device, and we can safely assume that the model won't ever change for a specific device, so it actually makes much more sense to do it this way
. Bonus: It simplifies a whole bunch of >= Touch tests in the code, and we get rid of the ugly 'assume touch/pw' windows workaround. Upped the store revision to force people to at least launch the settings once to trigger an auto-detect/set a kindle model.
* Added some topaz stuff to the exclude list
* Handle the sort order on the PW. And it sucks. Basically, the only things that we're sure will be in front are the single quote and digits...
* Switched to an int to save the Kindle model, I ran into weird rounding issues with a float...
* Fix the first run in diff_db_only mode on a new (or at least empty) Touch/PW device (use the full database instead of nothing).
* Autodetect the UK 3G PaperWhite.
* Rework the Mobi metadata code (based on MobiUnpack)
* Try harder to decode metadata title & authors properly to try to help with the few encoding related issues reported
* Minor formatting tweaks of some settings' tooltips
* Support the language & rating default columns as a possible data source
* Handle multiple authors properly in mobi metadata, even in files built by KG 2 & recent Calibre versions.
* Forgot to switch the Kindle Model back to an int in the reports
* Should now autodetect a few more PW models (JP, BR)
* Some minor tweaks to make use of the newdb API (require Calibre >= 1.0.0)
* Fix various case issues with file extensions (thanks to zelo for reporting this)
* Oops, fix broken v34, sorry about that... :/