View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #1760
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Here's another patch/tweak for Touch/PW users .

* Add more extensions to the exclude list (some 3.4 & 5.x stuff), and don't even look in the sidecar folder on the Touch/PW.
* Auto-detect the US PW on Linux/OS X.
* Add a new Touch/PW only setting that will only populate the json db with collections that have been updated (created/modified [added/removed items]). Since Collections Manager never deletes a collection, and always rebuilds modified collections from scratch, that can save us a considerable amount of time by simply not feeding CM stuff that it would only waste time rebuilding with the exact same content. It tremendously speeds up the Calibre => Kindle sync for incremental updates .

Since v10:

* Added an ugly Windows only hack that hopefully allows the auto-detection of the Touch/PW via S/N to work on Windows, without blowing everything up... Seems to work on my Win 7 notebook, but I'd be glad to know if it works for others. (Also, I wouldn't mind a confirmation that the code isn't completely insane, I couldn't find an easier way to get at the pnp_id of a specific device...).

Since v14:

* Fixed a stupid auto-detect issue on Windows for some devices.
* Moved the whole kindle model/auto-detect stuff to the settings, so we don't redo the whole thing everytime. We're already storing settings per-library and per-device, and we can safely assume that the model won't ever change for a specific device, so it actually makes much more sense to do it this way . Bonus: It simplifies a whole bunch of >= Touch tests in the code, and we get rid of the ugly 'assume touch/pw' windows workaround. Upped the store revision to force people to at least launch the settings once to trigger an auto-detect/set a kindle model.

Since v16:

* Added some topaz stuff to the exclude list

Since v17:

* Handle the sort order on the PW. And it sucks. Basically, the only things that we're sure will be in front are the single quote and digits...

v19:

* Switched to an int to save the Kindle model, I ran into weird rounding issues with a float...

v20:

* Fix the first run in diff_db_only mode on a new (or at least empty) Touch/PW device (use the full database instead of nothing).

v21:

* Autodetect the UK 3G PaperWhite.

v27:

* Rework the Mobi metadata code (based on MobiUnpack)
* Try harder to decode metadata title & authors properly to try to help with the few encoding related issues reported

v28:

* Minor formatting tweaks of some settings' tooltips

v29:

* Support the language & rating default columns as a possible data source

v30:

* Handle multiple authors properly in mobi metadata, even in files built by KG 2 & recent Calibre versions.

v31:

* Forgot to switch the Kindle Model back to an int in the reports

v32:

* Should now autodetect a few more PW models (JP, BR)

v33:

* Some minor tweaks to make use of the newdb API (require Calibre >= 1.0.0)

v34:

* Fix various case issues with file extensions (thanks to zelo for reporting this)

v35:

* Oops, fix broken v34, sorry about that... :/

v36:

* PW2 support!

v37:

* Detect the full range of PW2 models
* Ported to PyQt5
* Bumped to 1.7.12
* Packaged it properly, should be infinitesimally faster to load.

----

NOTE: This is now in the plugin's new home .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-11-2014 at 12:05 AM. Reason: v37, Qt5 support