View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #84
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
You guys, check out this article and especially the comments below!
Some of my favorite quotes from the Amazon statement:

Quote:
Kindle Paperwhite does not have audio or Text-to-Speech. This makes the device smaller and lighter than it would otherwise be. Audio and an improved Text-to-Speech engine are supported on Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD.
You want audio and TTS, no problem, just shell out another $200. (I do agree people should have read the specs, but trying to push another device just to have audio and TTS is a bit annoying.)

Quote:
Under certain lighting conditions, the illumination at the bottom of the screen from the built-in light is not perfectly even.
No sh#$!

Quote:
These variations are normal and are located primarily in the margin where text is not present.
Total sh#$!

Like I said in another post somewhere, the PW will most likely be replaced way before the traditional year time frame in which Amazon replaces Kindles. The Touch was replaced after about 9 or 10 months. I will be surprised if we don't see the 2nd generation of PW released by late spring or early summer 2013.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote