View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #288
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Sony PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post
I would LOVE to own a Kobo but they don't measure up.
Customer support is always where everyone else comes off second best against Amazon.

In six months or sixteen months time if your e-reader develops some kind of problem, Amazon will win hands down on replacing or offering you a discount on a new one.

However, if Kobo have sorted out the firmware issues that hindered the Touch, considering Amazon seem to be having more problems with quality control for the Paperwhite than Kobo are having with the Glo*, you could reasonably argue that right now at least, Kobo have the edge if you take customer service out of the equation. And that is something special.

* Blotchy screens for Amazon, glowing spots for the Kobo - both have problems but even taking into consideration the probable far higher numbers of Kindles sold, I think it's fair to say Kobo have done a better job than Amazon.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote