View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #6
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
Customer care aside (could be better), the firmware is GPLed to large parts.
I must admit, you suceeded at stunning me. Funny thing is, to my lengthy (very polite, so you jump at conclusions) inquiry to the Dutch's customer care about whether there would be just the remote chance of improving the software oneself or even going further, I was given as their brusque reply:

Quote:
Unfortunately we can not go along with your request to develop or change software to our excel.
So then, if it's GPL, where is it? To my knowledge (lacking in the licensing department, I admit), GPL licensend software, even in the compiled form, must go with the license and documents which describe where to obtain the source, etc. I can not find any indication of such on the M92.

If the necessary components are actually GPLed, this would change my attitude by a great deal.

Thank you, I'll report back.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote