View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:59 AM   #9
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
My Kobo Touch updated wirelessly to 2.1.4 after I had WiFi on for 10-20 minutes or so. (wasn't really paying attention -just synced then it popped up after a bit) Apparently the download is performed completely in the background with no notice until fully downloaded and ready to install... You're then asked whether you want to update now, or wait until next time you power cycle. Seems to work well so far. USA here.

Had me a little scared as it updated firmware, restarted, updated again for short period and then restarted a 2nd time... I thought for sure it was in some kind of update/reboot loop, but then the new quick start manual was displayed and it was ready to go. Page turns seem subjectively about half as long as it was taking under 2.0.0 which is what it updated from. Seems like a decent improvement, worth the wait.

Last edited by TechniSol; 10-12-2012 at 05:09 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote