View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #44
QofResh
Enthusiast
QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Touch; Android Tablet (Asus TF300); PC App
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
If you have no military experience, I doubt you will be successful in writing military SF.
Though I think I understand what you are saying which is simply "write what you know", I believe that your conclusion is necessarily a non sequitor. Nobody has experience in orbital ops, not even the top military brass (at least so far as we've been told) so in that sense the OP is on level footing with other sci-fi writers. As for the "feel" of military service - that can be overcome with research and asking questions. So far, so good.
QofResh is offline   Reply With Quote