View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; iPad3, iPad Mini; Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by QofResh View Post
Does the feature measure your general reading rate or the particular rate at which you are progressing through each books, specifically and separately?

What happens if you simply leave the device on a page with the cover open? Does it get inaccurate data as a result?

In the same vain, what is the result of flipping forward through a book to find a specific place? Does it interpret those forward flips as the page having been read? (I do remember reading that it disregards inadvertant page flips (or something like that). Is this scenario handled the same way?
In a very casual way, I think:

- The rate is book specific. I have been skimming through some large PDF files and the estimate for time left became extremely short (less than 1 min for 300 pages left), presumably because I flipped through 500-600 pages looking for specific passages. It did NOT affect estimates for other books.

- With the cover open and not in standby? I don't know.

- See my first point for quick flips.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote