View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Uschiekid
Evangelist
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
After updating to firmware 2.14 I cannot figure out how to handle the dictionaries in some situations.
Case 1: I select a certain word, the definition box pops up and I am not happy with the result. Previously, I would have gone to the dictionary search window and would have edited the search string or maybe changed the language of the definition dictionary. Now I cannot see how to do this.

can't help you myself, but i have similar issues on the glo for case 1. however, in certain languages it works (at the moment english, german, italian and spanish). and previously i had success doing this with other languages...japanese and dutch. but not with italian and spanish at the time when japanese and dutch worked....

this seems weird to me since the glo has always been 2.14 firmware, so i don't get the inconsistencies.

i haven't had any trouble switching the languages under the translation dictionaries. but i haven't used them much.

i think maybe 2.14 is having growing pains, and until it's fixed, you will be limited in the uses you mentioned.

maybe if enough people comment on this issue, the kobo gods will have pity on us.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote