View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
QofResh
Enthusiast
QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QofResh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Touch; Android Tablet (Asus TF300); PC App
Time to Read....accurately?

Have any PW owners tested the Time to Read funcionality for accuracy? I realize that the device will require a sufficient sampling of the users reading patterns to produce such accuracy as it is capable of. However, it has been in the hands of consumers long enough that avid readers, if they are insterested in doing so, surely could draw preliminary conclusions.

Other Questions:

Does the feature measure your general reading rate or the particular rate at which you are progressing through each books, specifically and separately?

What happens if you simply leave the device on a page with the cover open? Does it get inaccurate data as a result?

In the same vain, what is the result of flipping forward through a book to find a specific place? Does it interpret those forward flips as the page having been read? (I do remember reading that it disregards inadvertant page flips (or something like that). Is this scenario handled the same way?

Since I've owned mine I've reset to factory defaults twice, such that I have probably not generated enough data to accurate comment on the core question myself.

I'd like to thank everyone for their input!

Last edited by QofResh; 10-11-2012 at 05:44 PM.
QofResh is offline   Reply With Quote