View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #68
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Some people are talking about tablet alternatives (specifically the Fire HD), just thought I'd throw the iPad Mini in the mix. I know it hasn't been announced officially yet, but pretty sure it will launch pretty soon (based on aggregated rumors and image leaks). I already own an iPad and an iPhone, and since I really need e-ink for intense reading, the 'mini' form factor is kind of pointless for me.

But if you *can* tolerate an LED e-reader, it may be worth holding off a few weeks more for the iPad Mini announcement at least. It's possible it'll be priced competitively, as I assume the Kindle Fire market is their target.
Yeah I've thought about that as I have the iPad 3 and the iPod touch 4G. But this year they finally updated the iPod touch and gave it a slightly bigger screen but upped the intro price from $200 to $300! I'm afraid that if they want $300 for a small 4" screen they are going to want at least $400 for a mini. I've also heard the mini might be 8" instead of 7", which would make it a tad bigger than I would want for a reader. But I will definitely keep up with the news and see what Apple does actually release and how much they want for it.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote