View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #35
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle GDX, Kindle 3, KPW, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
When I was in, the predominant aircraft that the USAF was flying was the F-4 phantom and it did have a tail hook because I think that aircraft was the same flown by all branches of the US military services, at the time, So in theory the USAF could fly on and off carriers, tho probably only once.
WARNING .. TOPIC DRIFT ..

The Army/Air Force did fly B-25's off of the USS Hornet in 1942 (Google doolittle raid), though there was no intention of them landing again.

And landing on an aircraft carrier is quite an experience. In the early 70's I was assigned to Admiral's Staff on the USS Enterprise, then at sea. I was flown out on a two engine prop job. The landing was nowhere as hard as jet pilots experience, but .. Damn that deck looks small from the air.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote