View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
horizon21
bookster
horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!horizon21 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi+3G
AZImmortal, my apologies. I followed the instructions on the amazon website (same ones you posted). I tried installing 3.3 first and I should have made that clear.

knc1, I got an "update successful" confirmation after each uninstall that I performed. I don't know what other confirmations are there.
The script that I may or may not have used (damn memory!) is nowhere to be found in my backups However, I found backups of the files that it modifies, namely syslog-ng, loginfo, tinyrot, showlog. (http://bayfiles.com/file/nAsJ/mICDyt/showlog_bkp.rar) That fact only leads me to believe that I have used the kindlesec.sh.
maybe I should try to push them back into their directory, but I need to install usbnetworking and the jailbreak again as well as read the usbnet guide on how to use it.

hawhill, my host is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I am using Oracle VirtualBox 4.2 (the latest). I also tried the Virtual XP mode that is included in Widnows 7. All of them returned the same error - usb not found. I scanned system32 for the driver and it was there (windrvr6.sys). My layman skills only go so far.

I tried loading Puppy Linux (LuPu) into virtualbox with success, but the mounting of the partition where I stored all the needed files seems too complicated for me. I also tried loading Linux Mint 11 but it is frustratingly slow in virtualbox mode.

I will try to restore the backup of the forementioned files and see if that helps. If not, I will fumble with Puppy Linux.

Thanks a lot to all of you fellas! I really appreciate your input. Please forgive my lack of sufficient knowledge to let you help me more easily.
horizon21 is offline   Reply With Quote