View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #9
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
I think the problem is that the difference between the marketing images (and even the unit they had at the press conference) and the average consumer unit is so pronounced. If it weren't, I don't think this conversation would even be happening. I mean, I think most of us are realistic enough that if we stop and think about it, yeah, obviously ad photos are enhanced to look as flawless as possible. But as technology keeps evolving so fast, and so many new gadgets come on the market (particularly stuff like newer Apple Retina display tech), we're just not used to there being such a huge difference when the real-life unboxing occurs. If anything, we're used to being totally awed when we first power up the new gadget.

I really hate to invoke a brand name and invite possible unintended flame wars, but I've never failed to be even more impressed with the real-life product when I've unboxed something from Apple.

Last edited by Trauma Doll; 10-11-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote