View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #401
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
If people are getting 3G Paperwhites as replacements for non-3G units (as reported), then why did my 3G Paperwhite get its shipping date pushed back four weeks? Even a non-3G I ordered days later arrived here four days ago.

If there is a shortage of 3G kindles, then why use them for replacements? If no shortage, then why the big delay on my order?

I hope it is not because I ordered three when the per-customer limit was five, and now they changed the limit to two.
I think what is happening is that all these subpar units need to be replaced ASAP, so the people waiting for theirs original one are suffering, independently form what kind of device they ordered. But then, when you finally do get yours, rest assured that your replacements will cause someone else's original shipment to get delayed. It sucks, no matter how you look at it. They should have never launched these units like this.

I keep hoping that all these crappy units will be replaced by them a few months from now, in which case I would just hold on to what I have.... so depressing.

Coming to think about it, this is creating the type of shortage an iPad would cause, but it is kind of artificial at this point.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote