View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowlight View Post
I appreciate your offer to help ... I'm at work and plugged into my computer, but I'll try the wall charging and re-starting again. It's just not looking too likely that it WILL restart fully again. It keeps flashing, then going back to the tree screen (which I now loathe with a passion).
Plugged into the computer does necessarily charge it. Especially if it is trying to go into USB Drive mode. If it shows up as a USB drive in your host computer, you need to eject it to charge it, but it may be too discharged to detect that you ejected it.

It is software in the kindle computer that controls battery charging, and that does not necessarily work right if your kindle is too discharged to start that software and get the charging controller chip into the correct mode. And do not trust the charging LED either -- it is software-controlled.

It really helps to use a wall charger, even if just a low-power one from a cell phone.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-10-2012 at 07:14 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote