View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #217
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The other choice is to remove the battery and use an "Amazon Approved" external charger to bring it back up.
Not a very "user friendly" solution - saying they have to tear their Kindle apart to re-charge the battery.

Same problem when using the ATK (same "ram kernel" - no battery management).
When I bricked my K4 before we had USB Downloader mode, I ordered another K4, and although the batteries were securely glued in, I got them back-to-back and used a pair of tweezers to connect the dead K4 battery to the new K4, which I used as an "Amazon Approved" battery charger. I copied images from my new K4 which I then used to debrick the dead K4, while yifanlu and I developed and tested the USB Downloader mode over a week-long series of IRC sessions. I needed to get USB Downloader mode working because I had accidentally ripped the serial I/O pads off the bricked K4 motherboard (at both sides of the series resistors). But now everybody gets to benefit from my hard work on that one.

On the K3 and DX kindles, you can easily swap batteries (no glue), so much easier. But you need more than one. I only have about 150 kindles (many with broken screens). The kindle cluster supercomputer is looking like a good idea here... I wonder if we need a firmware hack to run them without a battery (power bus connected directly to internal battery connector).

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-10-2012 at 05:38 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote