View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #65
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
So what's the verdict? Are those with two or more unsatisfactory replacements going to throw in the towel and return them for a refund? Or, will you wait closer to the 30-day window to detect further degradation, improvement or color changes?

Remember the mood rings years ago that changed colors? That's what I'm calling my PW -- Mood Kindle. It's detecting mine -- bad.
I cannot here mention most of the names I'm calling my PW these days!

Quite frankly though, from the same era as the mood rings I also remember the pet rock, and I'm not sure my PW is much more functional than the pet rocks were.

I really cannot think of a good alternative to the PW, other than just keep using my Touch with its golden-tan screen. If the Fire HD had a Kindle app as good or nearly as good as the PW firmware, then I would consider that as an option. But the original Fire I had used a nearly featureless Kindle app, so I doubt they have improved it that much in the past few months.

So I guess for now i'll hang on to my replacement and see if it improves. If not I'll just return it. No more replacements for me.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote