View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
I just thought of an analogy to help explain my PW screen when reading. Do you guys remember the first generation of laptops with color screens. Yes, I know those were LCD and this is eInk, but stick with me for a moment. Do you remember how that first generation of laptop LCDs had passive matrix screens? Do you remember how they tended to have a blue hue and the lighting was very inconsistent and blotchy with shadowy areas? Well that is similar to what reading on my PW is like at nighttime in a low lit room. It looks very much like one of those old 1st gen LCDs. Pretty bad. I compared reading on my iPad 3 and that was a much better experience at nighttime in a low lit room. I've never had a Kindle that lost out to an LCD before.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote