View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #55
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
I moved the sideloaded ePub I was reading to the main memory and have had no reboot issues since.
I think the SD card seems to be a factor in this (perhaps with the firmware - i haven't been able to test my Touch as it is still on 2.0.0). Perhaps a memory address issue?
I have tested my Kobo Touch, and it is currently on the 2.1.4 and no issues to report. All side loaded books work fine with no reboots. The issue would not seem to be the sd card. I think that the issue is still related to the software portion of the Glo that controls the lighting, A different book second in the series that I was reading both of which were bought from Kobo has experianced the reboot issue and yes it was in main memory. So its doubtfull to be the sd card, although I would gamble that its the first thought and same as to type of ebook, kobo vs non kobo, as the majority of us store to sd card and have a huge collection of non kobo store books. Which would mean that its more coincidence then much else as to what we are reading and where it is stored then anything else. I guess as to the exact cause we will have to wait till Kobo Developers tell us if they ever figure out the exact cause.

Regards

JAck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote