View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #11
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Thanks for responses so far (I'm reading everything that gets posted.) Good to know there is a smaller Mighty Bright (Brite?).

For reference, I've been using the Kandle, although I think mine is an older model than pictured. It's really not too bad, except for batteries. It uses watch-type batteries that you pretty much have two options on:

1) Buy very expensive name-brand ones

2) Buy a whole lot of super cheap import ones that don't last nearly as long

I have a habit of falling asleep while reading, so I went with #2. It's still annoying as you have to haul out a jeweler's screwdriver (they provide one) to swap batteries. Overall it's been 'acceptable', but if I have the refund from my Paperwhite I wouldn't mind trying something more expensive (assuming I keep the Kindle Keyboard rather than go with a different lighted reader). Having the ability to recharge batteries myself would be nice though.
I tried one of the clip on lights that has a rechargeable battery via USB micro-port. Great concept, worked well, but just as heavy and bulky as the MightyBright (sp?) with 3-batteries.

One thing I don't like about my current MB clip on is that the gooseneck is too easy to move. It needs to be way stiffer.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote