I've created a alpha release of a plugin for the 2.1.x firmware.
Currently it's only a proof of concept that the plugin mechanisms still works in the new firmware.
Features so far:
- Remove 'Wishlist' and bottom menu entries (Shop/Reading Life)
- Remove 'Discover' and 'Reading' Text in home view
- Chapter Progressbar in Reading view is back
- Clock display in Reading Footer
- Support for 2.1.6 / 2.2.0 beta release
- Support for custom commands
- QT Script engine from 'ah' included in plugin
- German translations should be working now
- Changed german translation for custom commands
- Fixed display of custom commands menu (resize according to the number of elements in the menu)
- Custom commands can now be executed via the QtScript engine
telnet IP_OF_KOBO 666
Connected to 192.168.0.12.
Escape character is '^]'.
Welcome to the Kobo QtScript console!
- Bugfix: when following a link the progressbar wasn't hidden anymore
- Support for new custom commands (see below)
- Fixed WIFI custom command (now also works if in airplane mode)
- if custom commands are enabled 'Library' entry now directly goes to the library view, 'Reading Life' entry is replaced with direct link to 'Shelves'
- added support for custom command sequences
- additional custom commands supported
- German Translations for common custom commands
- Fixed german translations
- changed order of lower shortscuts (Library/Shelves/Tools)
- Clock in Readingview should now respect Locale Settings
- additional custom commands supported
Plugin::chess() // only kobo glo
- Added spanish translations (Thx to Terisa)
- Library entry should now remember the last selected sort order
- Removed seconds for Clock in Readingview
- Clock now default in 24h mode --> if needed 12h mode can be set via ini file
- Added french translations (Thx to azbdsf)
- Added italian translations (Thx to nausica)
- Added new options for koboplugins.ini
# Direct Library and Shelves access can now be turned off
# In case you have hideKoboShop=false you can now enable the CustomCommands seperately and still have the standard library and findbooks menu
- Added dutch translations (Thx to azbdsf)
- Added japanese translations (Thx to Zurga)
WARNING: This version only works for firmware versions 2.3.x and above, for older firmware version use 14/11 version
- Seperate version for 2.3.x firmware version (Glo and Touch)
- Direct Library access is currently disabled, tools and direct shelf access should work
- Fixed wrong text display for command sequences in tools
Config options for 'koboplugins.ini'
; Should be set to the correct firmware version (0.0.0 disable check)
; enable qtscript functionality (telnet IP-ADRESS 666)
; specify how clock should be displayed
; Hide wishlist at bottem of home screen
; Hide all Kobo shop specific elements at home screen
; Replace 'Reading Life' menu with 'Custom Commands'
; Replace 'Find Books' menu with 'Shelves Access'
; Replace 'Library' menu with direct 'Library Access'
; enable if you want to tweak the reading footer
; show chapter progress in reading footer (tweakFooter has to be true)
; up to 6 custom commands are supported
; Syntax is 'Text to display=cmd to execute
; currently supported:
;Plugin::library() --> shows the library
;Plugin::openBrowser() --> opens the browser
;Plugin::executeSystemCmd("cmd args") --> executes the specified cmd with the given arguments
;Plugin::uninstallPlugin() --> uninstall plugin and reboot reader
;Plugin::sync(1) --> resync /mnt/onboard with library
;Plugin::sleep() --> put reader into sleep mode
;Plugin::powerOff() --> Power off
;Plugin::shelves() --> Open shelves view
;Plugin::library() --> open library view with book list
;Plugin::connectWifi() --> connect wifi (asks before if in airplane mode)
;Plugin::readingLife() --> open Readinglife stats
;Plugin::sudoku() --> open Sudoku game
;Plugin::scribble() --> open scribble app
;Plugin::chess() --> open chess game on kobo glo
;Command Sequences are now supported with the >> specifier
* Extract 'config.zip' to the device into the '.kobo' directory
* Extract test-xx-xx-xx.zip to the device into the '.kobo' directory and eject the device. Upgrade should install automatically.
To enable the plugin you have to open a book after the reader is booted.
The plugin won't load if a SD card is inserted during startup.
IMPORTANT: I've changed the plugin name from 'libtest.so' to 'libpoc.so'
This update installs a dummy 'libtest.so' to disable the previous plugin.
If you want to downgrade the plugin to a prior version you have to remove the 'libpoc.so' file first.
Code can be found at: