Originally Posted by Sparticuz
It must be that book. I tried a different book. One that I hadn't put on my Kindle, and it worked. I saw that maliciousloki said something about clearing old metadata? What is that?
Here are the steps I took.
1) Choose the book and select Convert books
2) Change output to Mobi.
3) Go to Mobi Output and make sure 'Personal Doc tag' is [EBOK]
4) Make sure Enable sharing is turned OFF
5) Click OK to convert the file.
6) Open the file using MobiMetaEditor
7) Change 113 (ASIN) to be the ASIN of the book from Amazon. (Preferably the Kindle Edition's ASIN)
8) Save the new mobi file and copy to Kindle.
At this point:
a) The books cover shows. (I'm not sure whether it's being loaded from Amazon or the embedded on in the book)!
b) The Personal tag does NOT show up!
c) Sharing works correctly. (Shared both to FB and Twitter)
d) X-Ray does NOT work. (At lease for the book I tried)
EDIT: e) You can also report content errors...whoops... They'll be looking for an error in a book from another publisher, lol.