View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #145
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Yeah I saw that Amazon forum post. He already had some people commenting that it didn't work for them. I think he is one of those without the real problems many of us are seeing and is just attempting to explain it away. There are a lot of posters in some forums, especially the Amazon forum, that cannot accept the truth. There were a few here in this forum but either they have gotten scared away by our growling at them or they have come to accept that we do have defective PWs.

I think it is interesting that some of the PWs with bad screens seem to get better and/or worse over time. Mine was terrible, then a few days later seemed greatly improved, then got bad again. I'm shipping it back today. I'm tempted to hold on to it a few weeks to make sure it doesn't get recycled and sent to one of first wave of buyers in the same situation as we are. But I'm afraid I'll forget about it and then get charged for it.

I'm watching my replacement carefully. I suspect the blue hue is getting worse although it could just be my paranoid mind. It certainly has never been as white as most of those described by others, but their PWs might just seem whiter than they really are because that is what they want to see. We humans are peculiar that way! Mine is readable, but not the great reading experience it should be. And before you know who chimes in, I've got an iPad 3 which blows the Fire out of the water, so if I want to read at night on an LCD I can do that already. It is just that I prefer an eInk e-reader and I prefer it to be a Kindle. So I now need to give the PW a few weeks to see if it is worth the slightly better reading experience of using my Touch with the MightyBright light clipped on.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-09-2012 at 12:36 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote