Thread: Cloud Atlas
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW; Nook HD; HTC Rezound
Reading Cloud Atlas right now. It is fascinating, and so well written. The way Mitchell is able to change his whole style at will is astonishing. Can't wait to keep reading.

Black Swan Green was the first book of his I read, about a year and a half ago. I found it awe-inspiring how Mitchell subtly changed his character's thought processes during that one year period, his 13th year, in which he matured from a boy into a young man.

I've also read Ghostwritten (brilliantly written, but I confess I didn't "get" the ending), No.9Dream (mesmerizingly surreal). Have yet to read The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet but it's on my list. Have become a huge fan of David Mitchell.

P.S. If anyone can recommend similar authors, please do! I'd throw out Margaret Atwood as a similar writer.

Last edited by usuallee; 10-09-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: P.S.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote