Thread: PRS-650 Good old Sony reader!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #12
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2, Sony PRST1, [MomsKoboTouch], [DaughtersSSGalaxy Tab2]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post
In fact if Sony would upgrade the 950 with their latest software, a better battery, a faster processor, glowlight, a higher resolution and more storage I would buy it without thinking twice. I would be prepared to pay at least double of what other brands ask.... even if they removed the 3g.
But for their cheap plastic ereader offerings without audio, without internal silo for the stylus, without glo light, without higher res. etc I am not prepared to pay more than for the competitor models. In fact I think, all considering, Sony's reader should be one of the most affordable readers instead of being one of the most expensive.

Their reader software is very good though and their on board dictionaries are without equal.
^^^^
Agree with this. Like CanuckinJapan stated, I would be hard pressed to switch to the Kindle PW or the KoboGlo. I like the ideas behind them, but as usual with technolocy, it seldom reaches the goals.

I hope that Sony picks up the ball and runs with it. Can you imagine the ultimate reader created by Sony if they took ALL the best features from theirs previous models and added the innovative ideas behind the mew Kindle/Kobo, and actually came out with a solid reader with all those features? For right now, I love my T1, but I would definitely be switching/upgrading for that dream, ultimate-reader!
Blue2u is online now   Reply With Quote