View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #21
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Libraries offering memberships to nonresidents (out-of-state) without access to Overdrive (their digital media section) seems a little silly to me. Maybe I'm missing something.
It's a restriction that some publishers pass on to Overdrive. Officially, one is not permitted to purchase a non-resident card for Overdrive access. This is baked into their contracts. Most libraries adhere to it but a few do not.

I confirmed this by calling a few large metro libraries that ended their online non-resident privileges i.e. Seattle and Manhattan. The digital librarians were apologetic but both stated it was due to Overdrive.

The publishers and Overdrive would prefer each library system have their own account for local residents.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote