Just a heads up that the next version of the beta will change the way Saved Searches and Clips are saved - so you will need to manually copy your entries to a new file. This is necessary to remove a bit of clutter from the main sigil.ini config file and to make it easier to copy/move just clips or searches around. But mainly it started when we wanted to make sure that if you ran separate instances of Sigil that the Saved Searches and Clips where kept in sync: if you Save your searches/clips in one Sigil, the others will immediately reload the config files so all copies have the same entries and you don't accidentally overwrite (as long as you Save them after changing!).
As you may have noticed, many of the shortcuts have changed (the less used ones), and of course you had to re-assign them anyway with the beta. There are a couple more shortcut changes (to align left/right), so it would be a good idea to clear your shortcuts.
In fact, for the next beta - and we'll post a reminder when its released you should:
- Copy the sigil.ini file to sigil-oldbeta.ini just in case
- Edit sigil.ini and copy out the clip entries
- Paste that data into a new file in the same directory called sigil_clips.ini
- Edit sigil.ini and copy out the search entries
- Paste that data into a new file in the same directory called sigil_searches.ini
- After starting the new Sigil you should use Edit->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts->Reset All
- OR just rename sigil.ini sigil-old.ini to get a clean start (dictionaries are not touched).
Don't worry - all this will be posted again for the beta, but just wanted to let you know it was coming.