View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #31
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
No, Tablet was awake throughout, and no screen rotation (I kept it in portrait mode and didn't move the tablet to cause activity resetting). Sorry.
Well, I sort-of expected that. No reason why this should be easy.

I have changed CC and calibre to do deletes as one transaction instead of many, adding the progress dialog in the process. This removes that update you noticed. I haven't found a conclusive reason to believe that the update is the culprit, but it is useless work so removing it is good. As a side benefit, performance is much better. These changes should be available in Friday's calibre release (they aren't yet in "trunk"). I have also added several "defensive" changes to CC to check for things that should never happen. These also might fix it.

At this point I want to wait until Friday to see if the problem goes away.

Thank you (!) for reporting the problem and helping me (try to) find it. Given that I cannot reproduce it, information like yours provides the only pointers I have toward whatever we might have done to create this problem.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote