View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #27
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
Tried again today, deleting 293 books (leaving 4 on device), froze after 2 mins8sec (calibre task log) and had to force close. After restating CC, showed 172 books left.

2nd go, tried deleting the 168 books (leaving 4 again), crashed out after 2m31s, CC showed 18 books left.

Deleted remaining 14 books no problem.

If you need me to redo it with a log/debug going, just give us a shout saying how.
A debug log would be helpful (I hope). Start calibre, then click on the down-arrow next to preferences and choose "Restart in debug mode". Let calibre restart and stabilize, then connect and try the delete. After CC freezes, quit calibre. A window will open containing the debug log. Post it here.

I am hoping that it will give me a clue where CC is hanging up.
Quote:
One thing I would say regarding displaying busy/updating, would it be possible for CC to not update it's displayed db until after operation (calibre delete), as at moment, I think, it's redoing the display after every book remove, and before it's finished updating - it has to redraw again and may becoming unsync'd. Could that be what's causing freeze? (If not I'll just shut up )
The update shouldn't cause the problem, but who knows? In any event, removing the update requires doing the work to add the progress dialog. That is on my list, if for no other reason then it is the right thing to do.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote