Originally Posted by Felouen
1.I heard on Amazon that Sony often freezes, especially when loading big pfds. Is it true?
2. Sony takes long time to boot, about a minute or more. (as well from Amazonīs buyers comments.)
3.Do all ebooks display only black and white? No colours? What happens to colour frontcovers loaded in pdf then?
4.Iīm probably going to buy the chosen ebook from Amazon, itīs cheaper than from my local stores (eg. the Jetbook costs twice as much!), but they also sell several AC adapters for the Sony ebook - does it mean the Sony comes without it (and without the USB cable??!!), and I have to charge it using PC? Or are they some additional ones? What are they for? Sony Electronic Book AC Charger - ACS5220E and the other one is Rapid Wall / AC Charger for the Sony Reader PRS-505 - Gomadic Brand w/ TipExchange Technology.
5. I saw one guy scrolling some text on his PSP, and found on the Net that you can download pdf to DS and PSP and actually read it there. Anyone has had experience with this? (perhaps I could make another thread about this in the appropriate forum). Should I rather buy a PSP/DS, if it works?
1. It might have happened before, but the 505 seems to be pretty robust.
2. It does take a long time to boot from the complete poweroff, but normally you should never have to do that (maybe only for firmware updates or if you need to leave the device for a long time). Waking up from sleep takes one-two seconds.
3. Yes, B/W only. The color images are converted to grayscale, and the dithering algorithm used makes them look not too bad.
4. The AC adapter is not included because it can charge from USB port (but, alas only a real one - a wall USB charger won't work). If you want faster charging or want to read during it, just get a PSP charger - they are 100% compatible.