View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:43 AM   #35
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
This is why dpi is so important. Your laptop screen most likely has a resolution around 100dpi (a 1080p 15" screen is only 140-ish dpi). That's way too low resolution to read comfortably on, especially if you're holding it right up to your face. An iPhone 4/4S/5, iPad 3, Galaxy III S, Nexus 7, etc (basically any modern high-end phone or tablet) will have dpis well above twice that of your PC, possibly even three times or more.

Start with a high quality device, add a high quality reader (I like Aldiko on Android), switch to "night mode" (white text on black background), and adjust brightness and font size as needed and you may find LCDs a lot more comfortable to read on.
My wife's iPhone 4, at any brightness setting, is better than backlit devices with lower resolution, but can't hold a candle to my low resolution Kindle DX. And night-mode? No, that is extremely uncomfortable. Sepia works best for me.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote