Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion thread
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #177
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I'd really like to see the bookclub continue, even though I've only read a few of the selections this year. What I really find valuable are the nomination threads, since I find a lot of books to go on my to-be-read list there.

I'm not crazy about restricting the categories to no repeats, but it would simplify the process. Plus it doesn't actually do much since there is enough overlap that popular categories sneak in all over the place: classics in the romance month, fantasy in the humour month, etc. Not to mention the free for all month and the runner up month result in duplication by their very nature.

The only problem with this restriction that I see is the inevitable squabbling about what is or isn't a repeat category. It might be good to state up front that unless the wording of the category is identical, it's not a repeat. That would allow biography as a category in addition to non-fiction, and would make mystery distinct from thriller, for instance.

Let the polling begin!
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote