View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #8
clintvb
clintvb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Unhappy Kobo / Whitcoulls

Same problem for me when my Kobo Touch software was updated. I lost count of the number of times I did a factory reset and uninstalled Desktop and re-installed it. And each time I was editing the 'affiliates' file and changing it from Whitcoulls to Kobe. Eventually I managed to get to the Kobo logon page rather than the Whitcoull's one. I'm still not sure how that happened. That problem started in early August and my Touch was finally working again by late Sept. Unfortunately my problem has re-appeared this week when there was an auto update of the Desktop software to 3.0.4 The Kobo Desktop logon page is once again Whitcoulls and I haven't tried to sync my Touch for fear of losing the books that are onboard. I cannot find the file that determines the 'affiliate' on my PC so that I can change it.

I wish I had known that the 'affiliate' would be so indelibly recorded on the Touch and the PC. Like Mike, I bought my Touch from Whitcoulls because I was in NZ at the time and needed a replacement for my earlier Kobo reader.
Using the Kobo has turned into an ordeal. I may have to just accept that I have to read my e-books on my iPad
clintvb is offline   Reply With Quote