View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #32
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
reading around the kexec / atags issue it would appear to require the atags support adding into the kernel at build time. There appear to have been various valiant efforts to circumvent this on various devices but I have yet to find a success report.

Of course that doesn't mean there aren't any - just didn't find them yet.

Did find this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1522024 for a Gen8 Android device, which while not a solution, IS an interesting idea. However I don't expect many end users will fancy a bootloader, however for those daring few it could be helpful (as an idea, it's based around buildroot so may be transferable)

So anyway, I'll revisit this when my brain works.
Naw, a modified u-boot can do that, at least for models with a keyboard.
I am not sure about the touch screen devices, only because I have not read a recent version of u-boot to see it the hardware drivers are included.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote