View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:30 AM   #29
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
This happens on other ARM devices too, and there is a kernel patch to fix it:
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/attach...2.6.22.5.patch

So we need a patched kernel to support kexec, so we can load a custom kernel? Catch-22?

I could see a multi-stage leveraged approach, where we tether boot a custom u-boot that does not need atags, and use that to run kexec to load a kernel without the missing atags problem (if I am beginning to understand how that works). At least it is a place to start looking. I hope we find an untethered boot approach instead, but this is a start until then...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote