View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #5
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Here is a photo I took tonight in a dimly lit room. Its a fairly large living room with a single lamp across the room with a curly florescent bulb about 18 feet from where I set up the PW. The PW is set at light level 10 (I think) with Caecilia Condensed at size 4. This is a fairly accurate representation of what I see when reading though I usually turn the light level up to 12 or 14 to make the background a bit whiter. I chose to show a lesser lit screen to illustrate the lack of shadowy blotches. On my defective PW the blotches were more noticeable at lower light levels. I can see some very faint coloring in the faint shadows--a bit of light pink and a bit of blue. But I have to really look for them. The defective one was very blotchy and dark and the colors in the shadows very noticeable, so the replacement PW is a drastic improvement. Much better font contrast on it too than the defective one.

Photo using Canon EOS 60D with manual mode:

Last edited by jswinden; 10-07-2012 at 01:01 AM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote