Thread: Touch Firmware 2.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #159
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by corroonb View Post
I still haven't received the update. When is the roll-out expected to be complete and why is it taking so long?
This is purely speculation on my part: My guess is that it's a combination of new hardware release causing an increased workload for customer service due to a large number of new users and partly long holiday weekend this weekend in Canada. They probably have a skeleton tech staff on to cover anything that basic frontline help can't handle. They might also be trying to avoid servers being overloaded new users needing to upgrade device on registration along with 2.1.4 upgraders. They can't control the number/timing of users with new devices but they can manage the upgrade rollout.
Or maybe it's for completely different reasons since I'm just speculating .
robko is offline   Reply With Quote