View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #438
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 1, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
A server holding data, data that the users are able to access at all times over the internet rather than on a local network. Isn't that the definition of cloud storage?
But, before the term cloud was defined to have a computer usage, it was just a server on the net. Nothing really new. The only thing that is new is the user side syncing software.

To be cloud storage, there has to be user side syncing software. Given that Amazon's eBooks server doesn't actually have such software, it's not really cloud storage. I cannot download any software to allow me to add to my Kindle library without buying more free or paid eBooks.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-06-2012 at 08:21 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote