View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #409
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I am returning mine

I talked to Amazon and they are sending me two new units. I had ordered one for my sister that was supposed to get here in November, so maybe that's why it shows I will receive two on Tuesday.
The CSRep I talked to was very knowledgeable. I apperciate that he did acknowledged the fact that there are units with issues out there (nothing worse than having CS deny the fact there are issues), and he said that even if it takes sending me yet another one, they will make sure I get a good unit.

He also said it's normal that the PW, when the light is off, has a little less contrast than the K4B because of the lighting layer.

Overall, nothing beats Amazon customer service, and I'm glad I called them. Their CS alone would prevent me from switching to another reader, though the prices help as well

The two replacements seem to be without SO, but I'll see what I get in the mail.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote