View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 03:22 AM   #8
simond
Evangelist
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD,Kobo Mini,iPad Mini,iPhone, Icarus HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Soulayrol View Post
Speaking of this, I remember I have read in some thread that it was possible to bypass the Kobo account setup by updating the database manually. Since I run Linux, that I do not want to bother installing the kobo software through wine if possible, and that I only plan to read sideloaded books, is it still possible to proceed like this with the latest firmware, and on the Glo ?

If I do this, I assume I will have to proceed to updates manually. Will I miss other features ? Missing dictionnaries perhaps ?
With my Glo I've not had to install the desktop software at all, it just neede a wifi connection and it logged into kobo and updated itself. I have no intention of using the kobo desktop software at all.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote